Proxer Construction provides commercial and industrial services ranging from new installations to complete replacements and reroofing. Our experience and manufacturer certifications allows us to provide superior roof specifications for any structure. Proxer Construction offers long time warranties and stands behind our work on every project.
We remain committed to safety and quality on all of our jobs.
The first step in a new roof installation process is selecting a roofing system, a roofing manufacturer and roofing contractor. There are many roofing systems and roofing manufacturers available on the market. The choice of right one is critical for longevity of the roof and might offer both financial and environmental benefits.
Proxer Construction specializes in installing the following roofing systems:
- Single Ply Roofing Systems are by far the most commonly installed and cost effective roofing systems. Single Ply Roofing Systems are composed of insulation and a single-ply roofing membrane. These popular systems are lightweight, long lasting, UV stable. Single ply roofing membranes provide a variety of materials to choose from such as:
- EPDM – (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) – available in both black and white colors, sold in a variety of widths, available in different thicknesses. EPDM can be used for low and steep slope roofing. These membranes can be adhered, mechanically fastened or loose laid.
- TPO – (Thermoplastic Olefin) – the most environmentally friendly single-ply membrane. TPO membranes offer long-term durability with security of hot air welded seams between membrane sheets. TPO membranes are available in different thicknesses and roll widths. Most thermoplastic membranes are manufactured to include a reinforcement layer (polyester of fiber glass) which increase strength and dimensional stability. TPO membranes are available in white, grey and tan colors.
- PVC – (Polyvinyl Chloride) – provide great chemical resistance. PVC membranes utilize hot-air welded seam technology. PVC membranes offer superior physical attributes, high reflectivity and resistance to water, grease, oils and punctures.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems exhibit general toughness and resistance to abuse. Modified bitumen membranes are composed of pre-fabricated polymer-modified asphalt sheets with a reinforcement layer. There are two primary types of Modified Bitumen roofing membranes:
- APP – (Atactic Polypropylene) – APP bitumen is modified with plastic and fillers. The mixture is factory fabricated into rolls and reinforced with fiberglass, polyester or both. The rolls are available in base, interplay or cap sheet variety. APP membranes can be torch-applied, cold applied with adhesive or self-adhered.
- SBS – (Styrene-butadiene-styrene) – SBS bitumen is modified with synthetic rubber and fillers. The mixture is factory fabricated into rolls with reinforcement similar to APP sheets. SBS sheets are often more popular as the synthetic rubber additive increases their flexibility.
- Liquid applied roofing systems provide seamless waterproof membrane composed of resin and reinforcement. The performance, durability and application flexibility of liquid applied roofing systems are matchless. Benefits of liquid roofing systems are:
- Seamless waterproofing layer
- Self-terminating membrane (does not require mechanical termination)
- Can be applied to almost any substrate
- Can be installed over most complex shapes
- Allow standing water (very often used as a waterproofing membrane for Green Roofs).
- Extremely durable
- Available in many colors