Crystalline waterproofing technology improves the durability and performance of concrete structures. By nature, concrete is porous and permeable.
Crystalline waterproofing extends lifespan of concrete by filling and plugging the pores, capillaries, voids and cracks. Since the crystalline waterproofing formation is within the concrete it cannot be punctured or damaged like a membrane or surface coating.
When crystalline waterproofing is applied to the concrete a chemical diffusion process takes place. By means of diffusion the reactive chemicals in crystalline waterproofing use water as a migrating medium to enter and travel down capillaries of the concrete.
Key benefits of Crystalline Waterproofing:
- Highly resistant to chemicals (pH range 3-11)
- Penetrates deep into the concrete
- Highly resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- Self-seals hairline cracks
- Works from any direction (positive & negative)
- Reduces diffusion of chlorides in concrete structures
- Can be applied to “green” concrete
- Remains permanently active within concrete
- Ease of application (applied as a slurry coating or a dry-shake)
- Foundations & basements
- Water treatment plants
- Retaining walls
- Water reservoirs
- Structural slabs